1. By successively electing women Speakers, the Lok Sabha has re-affirmed our age-old belief in the importance of women in our society.
2. In my Republic Day speech earlier this year, I had hoped for 2014 to be a year of healing after the fractured and contentious politics of the previous years.
3.Pro Poor Government, will work towards Eradication of Poverty , as it’s a Curse to India. Not to Satisfy with “Poverty Alleviation” but to achieve ” “Poverty Elimination”
4.Tame Inflation through Improvement in Supply side in agro & agro based Products. Reform Public Distribution System, Check Hoarding & Black Marketing,Will incorporate ideas from States.
5. Empowerment of Panchayati Raj Institutions, Creation of Community Assets,Improvement of Basic Infrastructure(Road,Water,Power, Shelter),will end rural urban divide guided by idea of RURBAN .
6. Increase Investment (Public & Private) in Agriculture Infrastructure, Convert Farm into a Profitable venture through scientific practices & Agro Technology. Will Adopt a NATIONAL LAND USE POLICY to identify non cultivable Land & its Strategic development.
7. Complete Pending Irrigation Projects & Launch Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana‘ with the motto of ‘Har Khet Ko Paani’. Micro irrigation will be popularised to ensure ‘Per drop-More crop’.Rain water Harnessing through ‘Jal Sanchay’ and ‘Jal Sinchan’.
8. Transition from ” Youth Development to Youth-led Development” .To Setup Massive Open Online Courses & Virtual Classrooms, formulate “National Education Policy” to meet Quality, Research & Innovation in Institutions,Setup IIT & IIMs, setup National e Library, Thin the barriers between Vocational & Formal education with motto “Har Haath ko Hunar” , Mechanism to provide academic equivalence to Vocational Education. Lauch of ” National Multi-Skill Mission ” with the goal ” Skilled India “
9.Sports to be made part of School Curriculum & Launch ” National Sports Talent Search System”
10. Affordable, Accessible & Effective healthcare , Setup AIIMS in every State. Will formulate “ National Health Policy” & “National Health Assurance Mission” , Promote Yoga & Ayush.
11. “Swachh Bharat Mission” will be Launched for Waste water Management & to Ensure Hygiene across Nation.
12. ” Van Bandhu Kalayan Yojna ” SCs, Electrification of Hamlets & all weather roads are Priority area,Enabling ecosystem for SC,ST,OBC with help to avail equal opportunities.
13. Spread Modern and Technical education among Minority communities and a National Madarsa Modernization Programme
will be initiated.
14. Committed to provide 33% Reservation to Women in parliament, Launch a Massive Campaign for Saving Girl Child & Girl Education through ” Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao ” . Zero Tolerance Policy towards Violence against Women & Strengthen Criminal Justice System.
15. The States and the Centre should function as an organic Team India, Will reinvigorate fora like the National Development Council and the Inter-State Council. State-specific development models will be developed taking into account the special needs and unique problems of Coastal, Hilly and Desert areas. Highest priority will be accorded to bring eastern region of the country on par with western region in terms of physical and social infrastructure.
16. Improvement of Intra Region Connectivity In Jammu & Kashmir as well as in North East , issue of Illegal Immigrants & Infiltration will tackled in priority basis, all Pending fencing work along NorthEast Border to be Completed , Special efforts on Retrun of Kashmiri Pandits with full Dignity , Security & Livelihood.
17. Digitization of Official Records, Improve Service Delivery & Public Service, Provide WiFi Zones in Critical Public Areas, Rollout Broadband Highway to every Village & make all Schools e-e .
18. Fill Vacancies in Judiciary, Double the Number of Courts and Judges in Subordinate Judiciary.
19. Introduction of GST through Consultation with States & Promote Investment through FDI in sectors , which can create Jobs & assets.
20. For Creation of Jobs in Manufacturing sector, government will promote labour intensive Manufacturing , Will set up world class investment and industrial regions, particularly along the Dedicated Freight Corridors & Industrial Corridors spanning the country,Will strive to move towards a single-window system of clearances both at the Centre and at the States through a hub-spoke model,To strengthen our share in global trade, procedures will be simplified and trade infrastructure strengthened. SSI and Handicraft sectors will be encouraged,Set up a task force to review and revive our MSME sector.
21. Will chalk out an ambitious infrastructure development programme to be implemented in the next 10 years,fast-track, investment friendly and predictable PPP mechanism will be put in place,Will launch a Diamond Quadrilateral project of high speed trains.Will have a network of freight corridors with specialised Agri-Rail networks for perishable agricultural products , Expansion of railways in Hilly States & Northeast region , Encourage R&D and high level local manufacturing for railway systems,fast, time-bound and well monitored programme for execution of the National Highways programme will be initiated.
22. Low cost airports will be developed to promote air connectivity to smaller towns, will evolve a model of Port-led development,Sagar Mala project we will connect the ports with the hinterland through road and rail,Inland and coastal waterways will be developed as major transport routes.
24. Comprehensive National Energy Policy , expand the national solar mission,connect households and industries with gas-grids. Reforms in the coal sector will be pursued with urgency for attracting private investment in a transparent manner. The international civil nuclear agreements will be operationalized and nuclear power projects for civilian purposes will be developed.
25. Cleaner fuels will be promoted to bring down pollution. For Conservation of Himalayan ecology National Mission on Himalayas will be launched.Steps to ensure a perennial, clean and pristine Ganga.
26.Will launch a national mission “e-Bhasha” that will develop digital vernacular content and disseminate our classic literature in different languages.
27.Mission mode project to create 50 tourist circuits that are built around specific themes. National Mission for beautifying and improving the amenities and infrastructure at pilgrimage centres of all faiths will be Launched.
28. Encourage and incentivize private sector investments, both domestic and foreign, in science and technology and in high-end research aimed at nurturing innovation.Build world class research centres in the fields of nanotechnology, material sciences, thorium technology, brain research.
29. Policy of zero tolerance towards terrorism, extremism, riots & crime will be pursued,States to be helped in modernizing police infrastructure and equipment to tackle new forms of terrorism including,narco terrorism,cyber threats. A National plan to curb incidents of communal violence & left wing, Steps to equip the security forces with latest technology and to improve their working Conditions
30. Reforms in defence procurement to increase efficiency and economy. ,encourage domestic industry, including the private sector; to have a larger share in design and production of defence equipments. Introduce policies to strengthen technology transfer, including through liberalised FDI in defence.
31.Recognising the importance of coastal security, will set up a National Maritime Authority. appoint a Veterans Commission to address their grievances,will build a National War Memorial to honour the gallantry of our soldiers. One Rank, One Pension scheme will be implemented.
32. Government’s commitment and determination to work towards building a peaceful, stable and economically inter-linked neighbourhood , Will revitalize SAARC as an effective instrument for regional cooperation and as a united voice on global issues.
33.Raising issues of concern to us at bilateral level, Will engage energetically with other neighbours in our region, including China, with whom we will work to further develop our Strategic and Cooperative Partnership, will make progress in the many initiatives that are ongoing with Japan, especially in the field of building modern infrastructure in our country. Russia remains a privileged and strategic partner and will build further on the firm foundations of this relationship.
34. Renewed vigour to our engagement and intensify it in all areas, including trade, investment, science and technology, energy and education with the United States ,Broad-based cooperation with Europe & make concerted efforts to achieve progress in key areas with the European Union as well as its leading members.
35.Fully realize our soft power potential; that will revive Brand India riding on our strengths of 5 T’s: Tradition, Talent, Tourism, Trade and Technology.
36. Take steps that would deepen every Pravasi Bharatiya’s connection with India and involve them in India’s Development.
(Inputs from Prime Minister’s Office) ..refer to PMO website for in detail explanation.